From Barrier Free Japan
August 24 202
TOKYO – The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games had its opening ceremony on Tuesday 24th.
However, there were some people with disabilities that were not happy about the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games being held. Yasuhiko Funago, who has ALS & Emiko Kimura who has cerebral palsy of the Reiwa Shinsengumi (Party Leader Taro Yamamoto) , and both are members of the House of Councillors, the Lower House in the Japanese Diet or Parliament.
This is the statement:
“Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga
Governor of Tokyo Yuriko Koike
Toshiro Muto, Chairman of the Tokyo Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
Immediate cancellation of the Tokyo Paralympics
Urgent request for drastic strengthening of medical system
Reiwa Shinsengumi representative Taro Yamamoto Member of the House of Councilors Yasuhiko Funago
Member of the House of Councilors Eiko Kimura August 23, 2021
Since last year, we have consistently requested an increase in financial spending to cancel the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics and drastically strengthen measures against new coronavirus infections in Japan. Ignoring the spread of corona infection, and not considering the fear of medical collapse, he made an effort to hold the event by sticking to himself only for the time being. The Paralympics will also be held on August 24th.
I will request it once again.
The Paralympic Games should be stopped as soon as possible.
The government has denied that the Olympics have not affected the spread of the new corona infection, but holding the Paralympics even with no spectators like the Tokyo Olympics will never be a plus for the containment of the new corona in Japan. What you shouldn’t do is
It became clear at the last Olympics. According to the report on August 8th, the infections of the people involved in the Games announced by the Organizing Committee
There were 436 players, of which 29 were players.
Currently, when a disabled person who needs assistance is infected with the new corona, an attendant at the time of admission is legally permitted, but from the viewpoint of infection prevention, hospitalization with an assistant is not possible. ing. If the Paralympics are carried out under these circumstances, even if a Paralympic athlete who needs assistance or communication support becomes infected and is treated in the hospital, the accustomed caregiver / communication supporter will not be allowed to enter the hospital room and is appropriate. You will not be able to receive any assistance or support, and as a result, you will be at increased risk of becoming seriously ill. In addition, if the caregiver becomes infected, there will be no one to support the athlete himself.
Amid the spread of infection, the Olympics were forcibly held and
It spreads the false perception to people that “it is a social situation where the Olympics can be held”.
Currently, the infection has exploded and medical care has collapsed.
Due to the tight medical situation, the number of home care recipients has exceeded 70,000 nationwide, and has increased about 13 times in the past month.
In Tokyo, there have been reports of cases of death due to deterioration of condition during home medical treatment.
As a result, even Prime Minister Suga
He is forced to say, “The spread of infections that I have never experienced is continuing. It is a crisis situation.”
As the number of seriously ill people became more serious, the government changed its policy from the conventional “vaccine-only” corona measures on the 17th, making the expansion of vaccination the third pillar, and the first was “medical system”. Decided a new policy to put “build”. It was a policy change that was lost too late, but in order to achieve this goal, in addition to canceling the Paralympics, we will thoroughly curb the flow of people with thorough benefits and compensation, and will invest a large amount of national funds to improve the medical system. Is essential.
Therefore, we, Reiwa Shinsengumi, urgently request the following points.
- 1. Before the opening ceremony on the 24th, the parties concerned should decide to cancel the Tokyo Paralympic Games and put the policy into practice. The government should promptly compensate for the loss caused by this by using reserve funds. When canceling, provide sufficient support to athletes and related parties who have already arrived in Japan.
- 2. To provide generous financial support that the government needs to ensure the government’s “realization of the construction of a medical system”. In addition to the remaining reserve funds, an extraordinary Diet session should be held promptly to establish a supplementary budget that includes a huge additional reserve fund that can be used flexibly on a scale of at least 100 trillion yen.
- 3. Regarding the construction of the medical system, we will secure beds in medical institutions, strengthen health centers, enhance accommodation treatment facilities including utilization of the Olympic athletes’ village, and thoroughly expand the PCR inspection system (1 million inspection capacity per day). ) And promptly increase the number of medical staff, and make sure to compensate for the decrease in revenue of medical institutions. We used the Olympic Village and other facilities related to the Olympics, as well as the runways of the Self-Defense Forces and U.S. military bases, and laid out prefabs and container houses to utilize them for corona countermeasures. Since the beginning, it has been requested by requests and party statements. Here again, after canceling the Paralympics, we request the utilization of facilities related to the Olympics as soon as possible.
- For potential nurses returning to work and all medical and long-term care workers who are currently struggling
In addition to paying a risk allowance (24,000 yen per day), a temporary 1 million yen bonus will be provided to medical and long-term care workers who have struggled due to the lack of sufficient support from the national government to help them in their daily medical activities. Reward.
- Create a system that allows the government to provide a stable supply of therapeutic agents such as antibody cocktails and ivermectin.
The government should provide financial support to create a system that does not depend solely on vaccines.
- Monthly benefits of 200,000 yen to all citizens and gross profit compensation to compensate for losses of all businesses, etc.
Secure a budget that allows you to practice a “stay home with thorough compensation” for corona containment. I request the above.”